The Important Legal Stuff - Please Read Carefully
Register to Volunteer Terms and Conditions
By applying to volunteer at the Glasgow Basket Brigade event, you agree to the following:
- That you are applying to volunteer at the event, however your application does not guarantee entry.
- Should the event be cancelled, moved or changed in any way, you agree not to hold responsible Glasgow Basket Brigade for any conceived or incurred loss of time or money.
- To manage your own health and well being at all times during the event and the onward deliveries.
- When making deliveries, please ensure your own safety and the safety of those with you.
- That any items you bring with you remain your responsibility throughout the entire event. Glasgow Basket Brigade is not liable for any loss or damage.
- During the event photography, video recording and live streaming will be taking place for promotional purposes. Should you not wish to appear in these please ensure you stay away from the recording devices.
- That if you wish to take your own photos, videos or do live streaming that you obtain the permission of those that you involve and respect the privacy of others who do not wish to appear in your images.
- Any parking tickets or charges you incur while delivering are your responsibility and not the Glasgow Basket Brigade.
- If you have children under the age of 18 with you, they remain your responsibility throughout the duration of the day plus you ensure their wellbeing at all times.
- If you are given any 3rd party data, .e.g. addresses for recipient when delivering, you accept to destroy/delete the data within 24 hours of receiving it. You also agree not to pass this data on to anyone for any reason.
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us on the footer form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register to Volunteer Disclaimer
By attending Glasgow Basket Brigade, you agree to the following:
- You will manage your own well-being during the event and ensure your own safety.
- Any items you bring with you remain your responsibility throughout the entire event and the Glasgow Basket Brigade is not liable for their loss or damage.
- If you are bringing children under the age of 18 with you, they remain your responsibility through the duration of the event and you will ensure their well-being during this time.
- Photography, video recording and live streaming will be taking place at the event by official Glasgow Basket Brigade photographers and videographers. Your image may be captured in this media. The resulting materials, including still photographs, video and audio recordings may be used by the Glasgow Basket Brigade, without restriction, in news materials, promotional materials, on the Glasgow Basket Brigade website and other properties.
- Any parking tickets received by yourself on the day of the event are the responsibility of the driver.
Glasgow Basket Brigade is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
When you register on our website, we need to know your name, address, phone number and email address. This allows us to contact you when you volunteer to help and in the future to update you on Glasgow Basket Brigade events. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
Glasgow Basket Brigade offer access to the Glasgow Basket Brigade events. By using our website you agree that we will use your personal information to update you about our events and fundraising.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during donations.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent un-authorised access in accordance with UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can request a copy of the information we hold on you, at any time. We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track visitors to our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website to your web browser which is then stored on your system.
In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details
Nominate someone for a basket Terms and Conditions
By submitting this form you agree that you've received permission from ALL the recipients being submitted that their personal details may be passed onto Glasgow Basket Brigade for the purpose of potentially delivering a basket on 23rd December and that this permission complies with GDPR legislation. Furthermore you have obtained permission and agree that Glasgow Basket Brigade may pass on these personal details either electronically or in written form to nominated volunteers of Glasgow Basket Brigade for the sole purpose of delivering a basket.
You accept that whilst Glasgow Basket Brigade will endeavour to deliver a basket, this is in no way guaranteed and we cannot accept any responsibility for someone not receiving a basket.
Auction donation Terms and Conditions
- An auction item is donated freely by the donor.
- While the donor can suggest starting bid price, bid increments and RRP they cannot determine or influence what price the item is sold for.
- The donor cannot ask for compensation from Glasgow Basket Brigade or the auction winner should the winning bid not reach the RRP.
- The donor agrees to provide the item or service irrespective of what price the auction item is sold for.
Nominate someone for a basket disclaimer
By nominating someone for a basket, you agree that you've received permission from ALL the recipients being submitted that their personal details may be passed onto Glasgow Basket Brigade for the purpose of potentially delivering a basket on 23rd December and that this permission complies with GDPR legislation. Furthermore you have obtained permission and agree that Glasgow Basket Brigade may pass on these personal details either electronically or in written form to nominated volunteers of Glasgow Basket Brigade for the sole purpose of delivering a basket.
You accept that whilst GlasgowBasket Brigade will endeavour to deliver a basket, this is in no way guaranteed and we cannot accept any responsibility for someone not receiving a basket.